Sunday, September 16, 2007

Tale of Two Lodges

Looking for a map of Olongapo City, I stumbled on a history of Lincoln Lodge No. 34 posted in their previously unknown (to me) website. I took the liberty of minor editing and of pasting old photos (also obtained from the website) and other sources to give the readers visual references. It was very interesting to realize the connection of Lincoln Lodge No. 382 with Bagong Buhay Lodge No. 291, under the jurisdiction of Gran Logia Regional de Filipinas. Considering the distance and geographical barrier between the two cities—Cavite and Olongapo, one might be tempted to wonder the linkage. At the time (or once upon a time), in view of the presence of US naval bases in both locations and their military/naval and local civilian Freemasons, the mother-daughter relationship was therefore, not a mere coincidence.

Had Fate were not been so unkind, it would be wonderful to discern and pleasure of knowing who my grandmother Lodge was before my mother Lodge let me go. Though time is relative, I am glad to know my uncles from Bagong Buhay Lodge whether they are from Nos. 291, 17 or 4. They all came from an institution that begat my mother Lodge.

To Bagong Buhay Lodge which just celebrated their 100th Year anniversary---my congratulations and fraternal embrace. Thank you for having the quality of men who exemplified and practiced the Tenets of our Fraternity. Marami pong Salamat.

To Lincoln Lodge, Thank you for the memories.

A History of Lincoln Lodge.



F/
RmOlano
Hanford Lodge No. 279
Grand Lodge of CA (F&AM)

No comments: